We Purpol Marketing will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
Purpol Marketing recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
Promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation;
- Purpol Marketing will responsibly provide serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families with marketing insight to enable business development, with a specialism in construction and manufacturing.
- We will seek to include veterans into our business where possible, through recruitment, consultancy and bid writing.
- We will give fair consideration to supporting the employment of ex service personnel providing the minimum requirement for the role is met.
- Give fair consideration to supporting the employment of Service partners and spouses through the standard recruitment policy.
- We will support our colleagues, associates and businesses who are members of the Reserve Force.
- We will not exclude those with a background in the armed forces when working with other businesses and associates.
- Offer discounted consultancy rates to those who require help in promoting the Armed Forces Charity.
- We aim to actively participate in Armed Forces Day, promoting via social media and spreading awareness amongst our B2B clients and encouraging them to take part.
Seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old through;
- We will develop each individual we work alongside and ensure that we promote health and wellbeing across all employees and clients.
- Offer interviews to veterans, young and old, provided that they meet the selection criteria laid out in the job advert. This won’t guarantee of a job, but rather the offer of an opportunity to prove themselves in an interview.
- Work with clients and businesses that may employ veterans, provided the job required is within Purpol Marketing’s expertise and capabilities.
- Recognise and value military skills and qualifications when interviewing for new positions or looking to consult with.
Striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners;
- Committed to considering Service spouses and partners where they meet the criteria for the role applied for.
- Through homeworking methodology we will remain flexible to support adapting work commitments. This includes flexible leave police, short notice changes to working hours, and flexibility in work tasks.
- Attempt to find alternate positions and roles within the business and use other forms of communication if relocation is required.
Endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment;
- Where employees, associates and anyone in the supply chain are the spouses or partners of Service personnel who are deployed, we will seek to accommodate their request for leave, and extended deadlines even when less notice than expected has been given.
- Grant leave, wherever possible, if the deployment is at short-notice or an individual returns early from a deployment due to illness or for similar reasons.
- Look sympathetically on request for leave before, during or after a partner’s deployment upon request.
- We will accommodate the needs of the training and deployment without risk to their employment status or business relationship.
- Consider whether special paid leave is appropriate for employees who are bereaved or whose loved ones are injured on a case-by-case basis.
Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible;
- In any part of our business and clients we consult for we will promote our support for employees who wish to become Reservists.
Offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible;
- Offering support to our local cadet units, in Wilshire, where possible.
Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day;
- We will raise awareness of Armed Forces Week on our website.
- We will utilise our social media channels, specifically Twitter and LinkedIn, to post our support for Armed Forces Day.
- Encourage everyone in Purpol’s business, associates and clients to support the Armed Forces.
- Actively seek to support Armed Forces, offering free consultations on marketing strategy for Armed Forces charities.
- Continuing exploration of ways Purpol can offer support for and show an appreciation of the Armed Forces.
We will publicise these commitments through our literature and/or on our website, setting out how we will seek to honour them and inviting feedback from the Service community and our customers on how we are doing.