Gary Jones Associates Limited provides advanced design expertise in all areas of building services engineering. The company approached Purpol Marketing to provide guidance on their Strategic Business Direction and the next steps they could undertake to move their business forward.
The practice was founded in 1995 and is committed to providing an added value service over that provided by traditional engineering practices. This is achieved via a personalised service whereby active Senior Management level involvement is maintained on all projects and an enhanced level of site inspection is provided. Their core activities are the design of Mechanical and Electrical Services within buildings, which are produced taking due account of environmental issues whilst maintaining a practical cost effective approach. The philosophy for projects is to work harmoniously with the Client and the Design & Construction Teams to ensure a successfully completed project, on time, to budget and in compliance with the Client’s requirements.
Purpol Marketing Limited were approached by GJA as they identified a need to develop their marketing efforts, develop their strategic business direction, maximise returns in acquiring new customers and retaining those they already have. The delivery of the project was further enhanced through securing funded support through The Business Growth Service’s Growth Accelerator Scheme. This government-backed service offers support to businesses with the potential to improve and grow, and Purpol Marketing as accredited growth coaches were able to deliver under the scheme.
The process commenced through undertaking a thorough review of the current business, their activities and current competences. This was conducted with a number of personnel interviews to ensure views were captured and a well-rounded, considered view was achieved.
Strategic Business Direction Development
Following on from the successful audit Purpol completed a comprehensive report for GJA, covering the following:
- Strategic Issues Review – Brainstorming session to highlight the main issues faced.
- Marketing Audit Review – Focused consolidation of individual interviews into a common set of information identifying the goals and aspirations of the company and how they can set about achieving these.
- SWOT Analysis – A full appraisal of the internal and external factors facing the business.
- Competitor Analysis – competitive analysis of other Mechanical and Electrical Services design organisations.
- Development Orbit – Determination of targets for the following three years to achieve growth aspirations.
- Strategy Statement – Focusing the future direction, concentrating on key areas for success.
- Future Activities – identifying tactics to progress the strategy in line with the identified strategic direction.
Following this a final consultation was undertaken to crystallise the strategic direction and identify the tactics that would be taken forward.
Gary Jones, Director – Gary Jones Associates commented:
“Purpol Marketing helped distill the elements of our strategic direction. Denise’s knowledge of the construction sector and associated supply chain benefited the process with practical knowledge and a robust structured set of marketing recommendations. We thought the whole process was extremely beneficial for our future growth.”